Nujira is a global wireless chip company enabling Envelope Tracking, a disruptive new technology that is significantly enhancing the performance of 4G smartphones and other wireless devices. Nujira pioneered the use of Envelope Tracking in modern digital communications, and holds the most extensive patent portfolio for the technology with over 240 patents filed or granted.
Envelope Tracking is set to be universally adopted across the smartphone industry in 2015, with a potential market of 4 billion units a year.
Nujira is a fabless semiconductor company headquartered in Cambridge, UK. Founded in 2002, Nujira is funded by leading European venture capital institutions.
- Nujira has developed Envelope Tracking (ET) chips that dramatically reduce the energy consumption of mobile and other wireless devices, increasing battery life
- Nujira has invested over 400 man-years in developing its ET technology and has over 240 patents granted, filed or in process
- The total addressable market for cellular and WiFi is estimated to be 4 billion units by 2017, broadly split 50/50 between these two markets
- A patented architecture known as High Accuracy Tracking enables Nujira’s chips to deliver the leading-edge performance needed for 4G and 5G applications High Accuracy Tracking enables Nujira’s chips to deliver the leading-edge performance needed for 4G and 5G applications
- Nujira has created an extensive ecosystem around its technology, working closely together with leading semiconductor, PA and platform chipset partners
- Nujira is led by a highly experienced management team